Once an email account is set up in Microsoft Outlook, it will automatically send and receive emails. If you don’t want Outlook to do this without your consent every time, you can disable this feature by recreating your email profile. For that, you need to delete your email profile first and then recreate the entire profile. The steps for the same are listed down below. You can contact our Omni Tech Support guides for real-time assistance regarding this.
- Go to the Start button from the desktop and then choose Control Panel from the resulting menu.
- In the Control Panel screen, locate the option titled Mail and double-click it to open.
- In the Mail dialogue box, locate the link that says Show Profiles and select it. This will display the email profiles you have set up in the application.
- Select the email profile that you wish to recreate and click the Remove button to continue.
- Open Outlook and navigate to the Tools option.
- Choose Account Settings from the Tools option to continue.
- In the Account Settings dialogue box, choose the tab titled Email.
- Next, highlight the email profile that you wish to recreate and then select Change.
- Re-enter all details you have provided in the Account Settings page. You will have to edit sections such as Account Details, Server Details and Login Details. Be sure to choose POP3 as the Account type.
- Make sure that you enter accurate details in the Server details section. If you are not sure about the server details, contact the email service provider to gather accurate details.
- In the Login Details section, be sure to enter the exact username and password. If you don’t want Outlook to remember your password, leave the checkbox before Remember Password unchecked.
- Similarly, leave the checkbox before Logon using secure Password authentication (SPA) unchecked.
- Next, go to the More Settings section and verify each field.
- Once done, select the Advanced tab and verify the port numbers. The port number for incoming server is 995 and outgoing server is 465.
- Save the changes now by clicking OK followed by Next and Finish.