Safe Mode is really useful in fixing issues with drivers and applications that shows some errors while trying to launch. If the problem you are facing is not appearing when you start your machine in safe mode, then you can easily resolve the issues by removing the device drivers or making modification in the default settings. Booting in Safe mode allows the system to start up avoiding unnecessary applications and programs. Sometimes the problems start to show up after you install any new software program on your system, if that is the case then start your computer in Safe Mode and remove the particular program that causing problems.
Besides this, safe mode is considered as the diagnostics mode of windows operating systems, which enables only minimum number of drivers and system services, so you can easily spot out the issues related to hardware and software malfunction. In safe mode a standard video driver gets loaded, but it has only a limited resolution, so you may experience a drop in the clarity.
You will find this article very helpful, if you don’t know how to boot a system in Safe mode. The below instructions from the Windows Vista Help panel are crisp and clear to guide you for the above task.
Before starting the procedure, make sure that nothing is there in your DVD ROM.
• Now turn on your Windows Vista machine. If you have multiple operating systems on your system, then you are prompted to choose the one you wish to continue. Then you need to select the Windows Vista operating system. If there is only one operating system installed on your system, you can skip this step.
• After choosing the Windows Vista operating system, press and hold the F8 key on your keyboard, while the system is starting up.
• If you fail to perform the above step before the windows logo appears, then you need to start the process from beginning again.
• Now select Safe Mode as the booting option from the new screen by using your keyboard arrow keys.
• For fixing problems, you need to login to any one of the user accounts that has got the administrative privileges.
• If your windows vista system opened in safe mode, you can easily understand it from the word safe mode that appears at the corner of your screen.
That’s all about booting your Windows Vista operating system in safe mode. Have a good day!