With Microsoft Outlook, a variety of attachments can be accessed flawlessly. But when it comes to accessing PDF attachments, the scenario changes altogether. Many users experience difficulty while accessing PDF attachments and to do away this difficulty, the below mentioned Outlook help guidelines have to be followed.
- Microsoft Outlook should be launched.
- Navigate to the PDF attachment contained in the mail. The attachment has to be Right clicked. The Save As option has to be chosen and the file has to be renamed. To the desktop, it has to be saved.
- Search for the file from the Windows desktop and the file has to be Right clicked. The Open With option has to be chosen and the Choose Default Program option has to be clicked.
- Adobe reader has to be chosen next.
- Microsoft Outlook has to be accessed and the attachment has to be clicked.
- The Start button has to be clicked and the Run command should be accessed. The Run dialog box will appear on screen and in the field of the Run command, the location of the folder has to be pasted.
- The OK button must be clicked and the temporary internet files will be listed in a folder and the files have to be deleted. Outlook has to be restarted and the attachment has to be accessed.
- The web browser of your choice has to be accessed. The Adobe website has to be accessed, the Get Adobe Reader link has to be clicked, and Adobe Reader should be downloaded. The file has to be saved in your desktop next.
- The Adobe file has to be double clicked from the desktop and the Adobe reader has to be installed.
- Outlook should be opened and the PDF file should be accessed.
- The Start menu has to be accessed and the Run command has to be chosen. In the field of the Run command, REGEDIT.EXE has to be inputted and the OK button should be clicked. Edit and Find should be selected and in the box of Find What, ‘OutlookSecureTempFolder’ should be inputted.
- The Find Next button should be clicked and a folder location labeled C:\Users\rac\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\CU8KPJWH\ can be found.
- The folder location has to be copied.
- Start menu has to be accessed and the Run command should be clicked. In the field of the Run command, the location of the folder has to be pasted.
- The OK button has to be clicked, the temporary internet files will be listed in a folder, and the files have to be deleted. Outlook has to be accessed now and the attachment can be opened.