The Yahoo search bar or toolbar can be a big asset to Internet searches as it is capable of conducting fast and efficient searches. The Yahoo Desktop Search is a small search toolbar that gets installed on the Windows taskbar. The search bar after it is installed, will replace the default Microsoft search engine installed on your device. Many users will find it uneasy using the same and will try to uninstall the same from their desktop. The instruction briefed below will help you remove the same, if you find it annoying.
Instructions to remove Yahoo toolbar
- Turn ON the device. Click on the admin account label. Enter your password and hit the Enter key to sign into your admin account.
- Launch the Start menu by clicking the Start orb placed on the bottom left corner of the home screen. Instead, you may use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Esc to launch the Start menu. From the Start menu pop up, select the label that reads Control Panel. Alternatively, you can launch the Control Panel window using the Run command prompt. To do this, press the Windows as well as the R key simultaneously. This will launch the Run command window. Next, place the mouse pointer in the Run command window text space and type Control Panel. Hit the Enter key to make Windows launch the Control Panel window.
- The Control Panel allows the user to bring changes to the default computer settings. Change the Control Panel window view from category to classic. To do this, click on the link that reads ‘switch to classic view’.
- From the Control Panel window, select the option labeled Add/Remove Programs. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 powered device, you will find the label Programs and Features instead of the Add/Remove Programs label.
- The Add/Remove Programs will list down all the programs and applications installed in the system. Scroll down the application window and select the label that Yahoo Desktop Search entry.
- Click the Yahoo Desktop Search entry. From the dropdown, select the label that reads Uninstall or remove. This will launch the uninstall wizard. Wait for the wizard to finish removing the application.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to complete the un-installation process. Restart your computer after the system finishes uninstalling.
Follow the instructions briefed above to remove the Yahoo toolbar from taskbar. For more assistance on how to remove Yahoo toolbar, visit our Yahoo help centre.