The Microsoft help forum tips that are shared below will help you get the most out of the Microsoft Office suite. Read ahead to know more on these tips and tricks.
Tips And Tricks
Tips And Tricks
- The users can zoom in and out of the Word documents quickly using the scroll button on the mouse. To do this, you just have to hold down the Ctrl key and then roll the wheel forward to zoom in the document. If you wish to zoom out, you can roll the scroll wheel back to shrink the document.
- Another tip is to hold down the Shift key while selecting the File menu in Word (or in the Outlook program while you are composing an email message). This will change the menu options. You will get handy options to Save All and Close All the open files in Word program. In the Microsoft Excel program, you will get a Close All option, not a Save All.
- If you are trying to make a numbered or bulleted list in the Word or PowerPoint program, you may want an item to appear on the list without a bullet or number prefix. You will be able to start a new line without bullets or numbers by pressing Shift and Enter keys together. The next time the user presses the Enter key, the new line will continue the numbered or bulleted list. In the Excel program, the user can press Alt and Enter keys simultaneously to start a new line inside a cell.
- Format Painter is one of the much-overlooked features in the Microsoft Office program. This icon is present in the upper part of the window and has a little paintbrush on it. Once this feature is selected, it can make the user a copy of the text that the cursor has selected.
- When the users copy text from the Internet or some other document into a Word file, the Word program will reproduce the typeface, font size and color that is displayed in the original document. If you wish the pasted text to match the formatting in the destination document, you can make use of Edit | Paste Special and then choose Unformatted Text.
- You can also make use of the shortcut keys in the Office suite. There is a big collection of these keys that can make your task much easy.